Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Weekend

At my house, there are months of excitement that lead up to what should be one day of splurging on food, then splurging on gifts while claiming to "save money" on the big deals! This year however, Turkey day spanned from Thursday to today, which is Sunday. Wow.

My house had been the "hub" for Thanksgiving the past two years & I love it. My mother cooks her turkey and the dressing, and my sister and I split up about a dozen delicious sides and go to town on whatever desserts strike our fancy. I love the prep work, and the cleaning, and the decor. I'm in my element hosting just about anything. My one peeve is not being able to put up Christmas stuff as soon as I'd like, but that momentum leading up to putting up the tree is pretty exciting too!

Anyways, this year was pretty great, being Hunter's first and all. && even better, he got to eat right along with us. And eat he did! That baby has an appetite that rivals mine and his Daddy's! 

So here are a few from that party...

Whitlea Claire.


Whiskey Glazed Carrots. Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman.

Sweet Taters.

Thanks to my hubby for this awesome picture (not!)

&& this is Claire Bear, after dinner.

Gotta love this happy, happy boy.

Sitting on the porch after stuffing our faces!

My Pinterest inspired centerpiece.


Mine & Hunter Man's plates. Look how cute!
 This next set of photos is from the Watkin's get together. We had a little impromtu photo shoot! & that cheesecake you are about to see? TO DIE FOR! I found the recipe on a blog I follow. The Creative Mama. Pumpkin Cheesecake caught my eye but since it was my first cheesecake I was extremely nervous that a) it would not turn out right as far as texture goes and b) would taste like cinnamon flavored cardboard. 

It was neither of those things. It was smooth, and delicious and my father in law asked me not to loose that recipe so I am calling it a winner!





 All in all it was one of my favorite Thanksgivings! Hunter was a doll and everything came out pretty good. Black Friday shopping was a blast and we are still eating left overs. Guess you could call us happy campers!

Hope your Thanksgiving made you just as grateful for everything you have as mine did!



No comments: