Sunday, November 25, 2012

Joy

Christmas. As I turn the page on Thanksgiving every year, and start slowly letting Christmas in my life I truly begin to feel like a child again. I know that is just about as cliche as it gets but it is so very true. There is something about Christmas that makes you look forward to new exciting memories and just relish every thing about what this season means. For me, this year is so much sweeter. There is no procrastination on my part. Friday we had the miscellaneous decor up and the tree went up last night. Hunter was already in bed and I literally had trouble sleeping because I was so excited for him to see it this morning! && sure enough, his little smile was ear to ear! I can't wait to watch Christmas change and evolve as Hunter does. Anyways, here are a couple of shots I took last night.

Enjoy!









By the way, I am totally thanking my last years self for neatly wrapping the lights back up and marking the 40+ feet of garland where each swag is so that this years self wouldn't need a cold beer and a sedative when I got done hanging them both. Tomorrow, Mr.Watkins is hanging outdoor lights, like it or not. && if I can convince him to go Griswold I will. Never underestimate the sway of a woman who was thoroughly educated in all things, "Christmas Vacation".

Merry Christmas, Clark!

No comments: