Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Moments

So today as I struggled with the time change and a general lack of motivation regarding all things housewife, I was reminded that it is in fact the little things that make this life so sweet. On that other hand it is the "little things" that drive us crazy on a daily basis.

And I had to remind myself I am going to miss all those things. Good or bad.

For instance.

Brock wears button ups. All. The. Time. & without fail, he refuses to button to the top. Not like, top button to wear a tie. Just the one below that. I always come behind him and button it, and he always finds a way to undo it when I am not looking. Drives me crazy!!! Seriously though, is there going to be a time I miss those moments where I catch him with it unbuttoned and we both get a good laugh? Probably!

& then there is Hunter. Today he decided to become a champion boxer. He would literally fight me when I would go to rock him. He does this sometimes. Gets in these moods where he does not want to be held, yet doesn't want to go to sleep on his own in his bed! So we fight, and usually I win. & because of the struggle when he goes to sleep I put him down immediately. Tonight before bed I reminded myself that I will miss all of that. When he is finally done fighting and is asleep I should be cherishing every single moment. Will I miss the struggle and the time spent making him realize he really is tired? Maybe not! But what I will miss is when his eyes shut and he breathes even and we are just there together. Soon he will be on the move! Shame on me for not loving every second of snuggling he gives me.

I need to take more time to reflect on all that I am thankful every. Every little moment. Good or bad.


No comments: