Friday, January 4, 2013

Our Paleo Parenting Journey

So anyone who has read into the last yet might have seen our clean eating post. Want to know what happened with that? We bombed. Big time. I wasn't prepared, my mindset was off, and we didn't fully make the change. I kept all the things I shouldn't keep, and they stared at me from the pantry until I succumbed to the deliciousness of it all.

Recently however, the Mr and I have just really felt convicted to change our diet and lifestyle. I want to introduce Hunter to food that's fuel, rather than emphasize frivolous snacking on low-nutrient foods! If my baby is only supposed to have a cup of food a day in addition to milk I want it to be as packed with the good stuff as possible! We tried a local program that emphasized a 2-3 hour eating schedule, and eating the proper combinations of things. It worked but we felt deprived. Personally, I wanted to eat when I was hungry and eat rich, delicious foods. Doesn't sound like a "diet" does it? Well, it's not.

Paleo is a lifestyle. It's a primal set of eating habits that reflects hunter gatherer techniques. High protein, low carb. No sugar, no processed foods. Water only. Tons of veggies and fruit that's on the low end of the glycemic scale.

We are baby paleo eaters. I have done a ton of research but we are no where close to where we need to be. I am dedicated to taking baby steps, sticking the pantry with the essentials and getting rid of the temptation. Eating out and with our family will be the hardest part. At this point I have as our a week and a half of paleo friendly meals and we will reevaluate at the end of that and hopefully continue on this 20 day challenge that will hopefully turn into a lifestyle change. Stick with me, y'all!

No comments: