Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday's Letters

Dear Sugar, thank you for bringing me medicine in bed this morning and kissing me bye. You are the best friend/boy roommate I have ever or will ever live with. Also, thank you for being adventurous enough to eat anything I make, at least once. Which is really all I can ask for. Prepare yourself for chocolate pumpkin cupcakes tonight. Dear Bug, you made my whole entire day today in your cow costume. Has there ever been a cuter baby than you? Mommy thinks not. Cannot wait for Halloween. Mostly to show you off, but maybe a part of me wants to steal most of your candy! (Hey, for reals, you can't eat it anyways. :) Dear Bangs, not sure how I like you yet, most days I pin you up but I will try my best to reconcile my feelings for you and get on with my life. Dear Brock Hayden, you light up my life. I know you aren't looking forward to a weekend full of my photography shenanigans but I love you that you love me enough to stick it out. How did I get so lucky?


I saw this on another blog and I love it, and will continue doing it every friday. A little "letter" to whoever or whatever I choose, or speaks to me. Brock, will get two. Cause he is sweet like that. She & her husband write these back and forth and it's super sweet. Actually I have done a lot of blogging today and run across a bunch of neat things. Here is something else I found...

The Story:

Dear Ann Landers,

Last weekend, we celebrated my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. This morning they left on a long-awaited trip to Hawaii. They were as excited as if it were their honeymoon! When my parents married, they had only enough money for a three-day trip 50 miles from home. They made a pact then that each time they made love, they would put a dollar in a special metal box and save it for a honeymoon in Hawaii for their 50th anniversary. Dad was a policeman, and Mom was a schoolteacher. They lived in a modest house and did all their own repairs. Raising five children was a challenge, and sometimes, money was short. But no matter what emergency came up , Dad would not let mom take any money out of the “Hawaii account.” As the amount grew, they put it in a savings account and then bought CDs.

My parents were always very much in love. I can remember Dad coming home and telling Mom, “I have a dollar in my pocket.” She would smile at him and reply, “I know just how to spend it.” When each of us children married, Mom and Dad gave us a small metal box and told us their secret, which we found enchanting. All five of us are now saving for our dream honeymoons. Mom and Dad never told us how much money they managed to save, but it must have been considerable because when they cashed in those CDs, they had enough for airfare to Hawaii, plus hotel accommodations for 10 days and plenty of spending money. Before they boarded the plane, Dad winked and said, “Tonight we are starting an account for Cancun. That should only take 25 years!”

Ann, I thought you’d enjoy this story about 50 great years of intimacy in marriage!

From a loving daughter in Abilene, Texas


So I emailed that to Brock, and he asked me if I could break a $20. Guess he is on board! Love that man! I have literally had friends tell me they schedule this kind of thing and I so don't want it to be like that for us (if it works for you, so be it!) If it brings some extra romance into things, then I say bring it on. Cant have to much of that with a little one rolling around!


1 comment:

Brooke Loyd said...

I love this.
Love you jess.

Bee