Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nursery News

Okay ya'll, I am a backsliding decorator-mommy. The husband & I hosted Thanksgiving this year, and we had put aside all plans for home renovation to get this holiday taken care of. But, you know me, I decided to paint at LEAST the kitchen & dining room since that's where most of the Turkey Day action would take place. We picked colors, poppy red for under the chair rail, and a warm linen color for the top and kitchen. So, two-three weeks later we have, almost nothing done! I was officially freaking out, but with the help of some fantastic family we got the not only the kitchen and dining room done, but the living room also! That just left the placement of the chair rail, but my sweet mother in law had some beautiful tile left over from when sweet hubby retiled their floor & she offered to let us have it. So we got a tile saw, and all the other stuff and got busy, literally, the night before Thanksgiving. When I went to bed that night, the tile was done but there was no grout and my fridge and stove were still in my dining room. I was a crazy lady, but at two in the morning Brock crawled in the bed ater having stayed up that late to finish! So sweet!

Needless to say, Thanksgiving went off without a hitch but I couldn't have done it without my "man" power!

So, now it's December 1st and Christmas is well under way in the Watkin's house, but I have seriously neglected poor Hunter's nursery! But, we aren't getting the crib or glider until after Christmas, and I have to still refinish the old dresser and nightstand. But one thing has been decided, and that's the accent wall. I found this blog, where the crafty mommy used old pallets to cover an entire wall of her baby boy's nursery. It looks like this:


Thanks Britney for showing this to us! It's perfect for Hunter-man's room! Now if only pottery barn could get their act together and get my curtain's here I might be able to start ;) Stay tuned, this should be one fun project!

No comments: