Monday, January 13, 2014

Ups & Down

Today was a doozy. ((or is it doosy?)) Are you with me here?

But boy was it beautiful as well.

I am thoroughly amazed at how God gives us the ability to handle so many emotions all at once. In the space of 24 hours I have run the gamut of emotions. A roller coaster ride like no other. A winding road of...

No more analogies. You get me. Right? Right.

Is I just being a woman? Maybe. A human being? Yes. A mother? Definitely.

I am THANKFUL for all these emotions.

Thankful that today my heart was broken & then it was mended while driving down 278 glancing at my oldest make funny faces at his movie in my rear view. So grateful that women I have known a little, and some I have known my whole life went out of their way to make me laugh and make me feel supported. Surprised because I won something today. I never win anything. I felt like Scarlett Johansson when she won that cooler in "He's Just Not That Into You". I felt overwhelming love when I crawled into bed with my husband. Strong in my knowledge that even as the world falls apart he is there, patiently waiting for me to let him help me pick it all back up again. Joy in a random encouraging text from a best friend who never fails me, no matter how long we go without talking. Excitement over a new journey through Christianity and the unimaginable freedom that is waiting on the other side. I got to feel laughter and little boy kisses, and baby girl snuggles. All in one day.

That is peace y'all. && thank you Lord for that peace.

I prayed and hoped and dreamed for this life. I always have. I always wanted this journey to end here. & then it did. It happened before I was even sure what was going on. It's like I woke up one day to this amazing life. Don't get me wrong, I am reminded every day of the struggles. It just ain't easy sister. There are bad days. There are days I barely make it. I sit in one spot for more hours than I should admit. I let the house go and the kids run crazy. I drink copious amount of caffeine. But my husband comes home and he loves me, and my son & daughter oh man how they love me. There is so much peace in all of that. Peace in the piles of laundry. Peace in the mess from dinner, left until tomorrow.

I don't know how to explain it. I just know all of a sudden I am where I am meant to be and I am thankful. I feel like I have come home. & because of that I can take on the world some days. Those days are awesome. But I can also let. it. be.

I can cry, and laugh and feel unimaginable peace, all in one day. How lucky am I?

So, I have to remember to just let it go. Let it go, and let God.

Repeat,

Let Go & Let God.

I don't know where I heard that but a million thanks for your brilliance. It really is as simple as all that.

No comments: