Friday, January 3, 2014

((Create)) Making it Count 2014

“Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.”- Joss Whedon
 
 
 
This year I was challenged by another blogger with a couple of writing prompts, one being to choose a word that will define my year, this year. I chewed on the thought for awhile, tugging between a couple ideas of how I want my year to go. I realized I had too many dreams, too many goals, and that most words wouldn't fit my vision. What did fit however, was a word that can be molded to fit multiple facets of my life. My family, my spiritual walk, my career, my very person. That word is create.
 
I intend to create time. Yes, create time. Nudge things out of the way that consume me and create space for my little ones, for my husband.
 
I will be creative in my career. I will endeavor to pursue my education, and explore my creative side. I want my clients to know I am passionate about my work, and passionate about their memories. which brings me to...
 
Creating memories of my own. Memories with my family. Vacations, pajama parties in mommy and daddy's bed, messy art projects, and spur of the moment date nights. & not only creating them but being creative in my documentation of them. More blogging, more getting eye to eye with my kids and capturing their little personalities. More photo books and prints made. More embracing my life and then filing it away to relive years down the road.
 
I am vowing to make a creative attempt at being a better mom, wife, friend, and child of Christ.
 
Time to get out of the box and be a better me.


After all,

“Creating means living.” -Dejan Stovanovic

No comments: