Saturday, January 25, 2014

22 Months

 Hunter Brock, we can't believe it but you are almost two years old! Holy cow, where does the time go? I feel like it wasn't that long ago I was blogging about being pregnant with you! Who gave you the go ahead to grow up?

I know one thing, I am cherishing every tender moment I have with you because right in front of my eyes you are turning into a heart, wild little man! I now that's the way it goes but you are breaking your mother's heart, or putting it into an irregular rhythm at least. Slow down little one...





Age: 22 Months

Clothes: Poor thing is on the short side. Sorry buddy! He is still wearing 12-18 months but really that's even a little big! He has the shortest little legs but man can he run! When we bought him bug boy underwear we had to find these tee-tiny 2t undies for him! He is finally in a size 5 shoe and he got the cutest pair of toms for Christmas that I am in love with. Grey, so they match everything. Which is good, 'cause his Momma is about as OCD as they come.

Favorite Foods: Do smoothies count? Bug will drink anything out of a straw, and if the thought of pureeing all of his meals didn't gross me out I would, just to get out of the "fight" that is mealtimes around here. He is VERY picky, and that is a new trend. However he does like: berried, bananas, pizza, peanut butter & jelly, oatmeal, jello, chips of any kind & of course anything with sugar. Little stinker..



Favorite Words: All of our names (Mama, Dada, Sister, Nana, Papaw, etc.) Ball, Bye Bye, Night Night, Hey, No (of course), 'nana (for banana), juice, uh oh, oh man, alright, comin', get it, Beau & Will (all dogs are Beau and all little kids are Will), down (for up & down and sounding dangerously like a curse word) shoes

Favorite Activities: Climbing on things, playing with his stack able crayons, reading (finally!), taking a bath, going outside, playing with the dogs, watching a little Disney Jr. He is very persistent and also very independent. He can easily entertain himself for hours! It's really amazing to me.


Favorite Things: Mama & Daddy & definitely sister. Oh man, he loves her! His crayons and coloring book, things he shouldn't have like nail clipper and my coffee cups. He loves to go "bye bye" and will eagerly request socks and shoes so he can go outside. He loves to watch his movie in the car when we go places. Bath time is a hit here! He pitches the biggest fit when it is time to get out and get dressed.

Signature Moves: Kicking and screaming anytime we try to dress or undress him. When he gets mad, he literally goes from standing to laid out on the floor. He plays this game where he covers his eyes and we ask "Where are you Hunter?" and so lately when he is in trouble he covers his eyes so we "can't see him". Very cute. He also runs and gives me and sister a kiss every night before we put him to bed. Always sister first. & he loves to read before bed. When I get to Goodnight Moon he whispers "hush" like the little old lady the whole time I read. Speaking of bed, the kid WILL NOT lay down for a nap. By the time he gives in every day it's 4:00 and he sleeps right on into dinner time! It's awful!

Mom's Proudest Moment: Chick-fil-A with the two kids alone, without a doubt. I had the bright idea to take them in yesterday. WORSE IDEA EVER. Hunter pitched a fit, peed through his pants and so I pack everything up and head for the exit. Where he promptly throws his head back in a tantrum and I accidentally hit his head on the door on the way out. Oh. My. Lord. I have never been so embarrassed!

Other Milestones: Peed in the potty twice! Then all over the floor for the rest of the day, but hey, it's a start right? He also can eat by himself and drink his smoothies by himself. He also can count to three but usually he likes "one, two, two, two" better. He can identify a range of things in his 100 first words book, although I don't see us learning xylophone & water hose anytime soon. Why are those even in there? We also had our FOURTH haircut and we transitioned to the big boy bed/room like a champ!

No comments: