Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Let me Tell You

Where I am today..

Where I am today is a happy place. My happy place. This past week I was in the briar patch. 

& yes, I did just go old school South and reference "Song of the South" and Brer Rabbit. Haven't seen it? Well, bless your heart.

Where I am today is a chai tea latte on the porch after dress shopping with my sister. It's holding hands with my little boy while he fell asleep in the car. Today is a yellow sweater that made me happy just to put it on. Today is moving forward. Not away from the past but towards the future. Does that make sense?

This  past week was discouragement. It was a time of tears every night before bed, and sheer thankfulness to be alive every morning. It was checking and double checking locks and Bug to make sure he was there and breathing at least twice before bed. I hate (yes, HATE) that fear that crept into our lives this week. I hate being that angry, that defeated. 

I was weak, and through prayer for Peace, some good girlfriends, and a husband and little boy who I have to be happy for I am strong again.

Today I heard that my baby sister is on a bible reading plan (not that it is crazy news, I was just reminded and it warmed my heart), and the other night my husband covered us in prayer before bed. We aren't perfect. We are new Christians. Baby believers if you will, but we are working towards the goal, everyday gleaning more from the word! Thank God for that.

In other news, life is crazy. But it is that beautiful crazy that means our lives are real and full. Sure, we have a few bills that aren't paid and everyone has a runny nose, but we are happy and together and there are even gifts under the tree and honeybaked ham in the fridge. Yeah, baby!

I am just so ready to be playing with little man on Christmas morning, and even though its a hussle and bussle holiday I am excited for every second of it. Bring it on this weekend. 



No comments: