Friday, December 14, 2012

Bewildered

I just spent the third night in a row, rocking my Hunter in front of the humidifier, trying to sing "you are my sunshine" but loosing my breath. The third night I rocked him back to sleep and sucked out boogers after midnight, all to make him well enough to sleep. && I would gladly do that every day for the rest of his infancy to keep him safe and under my wing. Tonight, I wanted to hold him tight and savor his curly hair and baby smell. He is innocent like this only once and as his mother if protecting him at this point means keeping a cold away I'll do my best job at just that.

My heart aches for you mothers an fathers in Conn tonight. I would love to hold you all close and tell you how very sorry I am for your loss but I can't, and so in my own insignificant way I will pray over you from Georgia and cover you in the only way I know how.

Dear Lord, my heart aches for those in conn tonight. For the sweet babies you brought home today. I pray their loved ones can find peace in that and in your promise to overcome the world. Please touch them with your light and hold your hand on their hearts and heal them like only you can. Please give the community the strength it needs to move forward, the law enforcement officials the guidance to pursue these criminals and the families of the shooters, that they can find answers as well. Lord I ask you be with this nation, help us feel your guidance and draw ever closer to you. In your sweet and precious name, Amen.

So sad tonight. Hold your loved ones close.

No comments: