Monday, January 9, 2012

When one project becomes another...

Well, long time no talk friends! Probably because I've had my hand glued to a can of spray paint, or fabric swatch, or duvet cover for the past couple of weeks! Good news before bad news! Here wo go...

-Hunter's room is absolutely PRECIOUS! His crib & bedding are in. Minus the bumper because we still aren't sure if its a "smother" hazard or not. His glider is not in yet, and the dresser is still under construction, but hey, a pregnant girl can only stand so much dust and paint fumes at one time, even with a daddy provided mask on for safety!

 - Finally sanded and painted the old desk and nightstand I bought awhile back! It is beautiful! Big thanks to my man-power for most of the sanding :) It will makes it's appearance in my guest bedroom. Which brings me to bullet #3...

-Sold the old Queen bed, and found a twin bed I love and so the guest bedroom/office is underway! Brock also gave me full creative control (big surprise there ;) and I can finally have a room that's not gender neutral. I took a trip to the Pottery Barn & Restoration Hardware outlet in Dawsonville and found some great deals! A great floral duvet cover for the bed, and some striped shams that matched my room perfectly. But back to the duvet! I took about a thousand paint chips home and matched it to a color called Icy Teal! It's fantastic! I will want to pay bills, and edit, and nap in there all the time! Okay, well maybe not that first one. So that's where my desk is going. Also found a great website where you can search for building plans based on estimated lumber costs so we picked out a bookshelf I love and now are just in search of the perfect reading chair :) Yay for Mommy's almost done office! Can't wait to paint tonight!

Okay, now the bad.

First I need to say, that if you are a home owner, and are remodeling or DIY'ing something could you do the future homeowners a favor and take the time to do things right?!?!?! Someone, who had our house before us, was just, out of touch I guess you could say. Back story is this:

We are redoing our guest bath since that is where most people will go when they come to visit Bug after we get home from the hospital. It's not a huge space so when we saw that everything from trim, to paint, to cabinets had to be redone it really didn't seem like that big of a deal. Boy were we wrong. First off there are probably 6 layers of paint in this tiny room. Lime green, an awful shade of pink, blue-grey, maroon, and a couple more that I have trouble putting names to. Then behind where the potty is, the Sheetrock was not done properly and said layers of paint were peeling off in a bad way. Needless to say, when we tried to pull off what was peeling so we could sand an area even we saw that was NEVER going to work. After lots of different attempts, we decided to just re drywall the two bad walls with 1/4 inch Sheetrock. So I bought the supplies and we were ready to go. The trim was in awful shape so we decided to re do it as well. As Brock began pulling off the "trim" up top we realized it was not only trim, but an old aquarium themed border that had been painted over and trimmed out to look like fancy trim! I was livid! Now we have four walls to re-do and a lot of heart ache! I am just one irritate mommy. So, while Brock and his Dad Sheetrock, all I can do is, pick out paint and finish the cabinet remodel we are doing. Stay tuned. It's not a little project anymore!!

So that's life in the Watkin's household! Baby is keeping right up though, growing by the minute and always letting me know he's in there wanting to help with a good kick to a lung or pelvis! Sweet boy, so much like his Daddy already ;)

No comments: