Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Party Bust

So for weeks I looked at my calendar and counted down days till we would see our little one & finally give this baby a name and an identity! I know that sounds silly, but I delight in all of the small things you can begin doing when you know what you are having!

Anyways, to top it off, we planned a huge production of a party that included secret text messages, coordinating outfits and a big surprise at the end! I was thrilled. My family & friends were on board and who doesn't love a good excuse to get together & drink cold beer while talk about babies?

Sunday night I couldn't sleep I was so excited. Everyone was on standby at 10:00 Saturday morning as we walked in the door for our ultrasound. When we got there we noticed the office was a mad house. They were having technical difficulties and people were backed up for their appointments. Our turn came and we went back, explaining to the tech that we didn't want to know. We asked her to write down the results in an envelope. A few minutes into the scan, she shut off the projector and we waited. A few minutes later and she was telling us it was a no go. Baby wouldn't stop moving! I was a little broken hearted at having to cancel the party but thankful I got to see how big our babe has grown. It always blow my mind that from that first scan where baby looks more like a gummy bear than a baby, to the 15-16 weeks scan where we find out gender, there is so much change and growth. We saw the spine, and that is always a wow moment for me as a mother and a Christian. Something so small, and perfectly formed is growing inside of me and thankfully I was picked to be it's Momma!

They rescheduled us for this Wednesday which puts me at 15 weeks 3 days and I hope and pray our little one is a little more cooperative. To keep things simple, we will be going to dinner beforehand and our parents can join if they feel like it! No party, no plan, just a big moment where the tech confirms what we are having! Can't wait for that moment!

No comments: