Monday, April 14, 2014

Letters to Hunter- 2 Years

Hi my sweet little boy,

I am typing this because I am so happy, and so sad that in one hour from now I will spend 24 hours reliving the day you were born. I remember it all so vividly. The entire pregnancy, every little moment that we had getting to know you and then that moment you finally came into the world. I will never forget how excited Daddy got. He rushed over to you and you were so quiet, but you were okay. You were born wide eyed and beautiful, so very beautiful. Daddy brought me a camera as I lay there, wanting you in my arms and you were the most breathtaking thing I have ever laid eyes on. You were bright eyed and taking in your new world. That is still very much the picture I think of when I think of you. It's your personality, down to the core. Wide open from the minute you wake up to the minute you go to sleep. Only now, little man, it's a different world. You aren't a baby, not by any means. You are a big brother, a smart, helpful little boy and really you are my best buddy.





You have an incredible sense of adventure. We all joke about your little legs, but they don't hold you back for a minute. You can keep up with the biggest of the other kids, and you don't let anyone tell you no, not even me. Your little legs get to running and you are gone, squealing as you run from me, or Daddy or whoever else is trying to wrangle you into submission.

You are funny. You love to make me laugh, and you love to make Hadley laugh too. If you believe for one second you can get away with something, you will try. You will look up at me from under those long eye lashes and go right about your business, no matter how much I threaten you. Fearless. You like to tickle us and go through your animals sounds until we get to cat and then it's a giggle fest as you tell us a cat says "nowwwwww" and that muppets say "waka waka waka". You love to blow bubbles on Daddy's belly and grab Haddie's piggies to maker her smile.



You are sweet. Like, can't even get onto you because you are so sweet. Sly little thing. Every so often you will come up to me, or ask me as Daddy is driving. "Need a hand." and you just want to hold my hand for a minute. Oh my heart. & bedtime when you come give me a "tiss" and then demand sissy gets two. I love that you still think it's cool to hug your momma and ask me to "help you, help you!". Lately you have been saying "uh oh" and apologizing for every little thing. Today you hit Darby with the gate and ran up and hugged his neck and said "sorry." It was precious. Your genuine apology melted my heart.



I feel like two is halfway to 12, which is half way to 30 and so on. It's going by so fast. I want to slow it down. I want to spend forever watching you learn. I love the way you pick up new words and try anything at least once. I love watching your little heart grow bigger and bigger. You love us fiercely and are protective, and wild, and willful and wonderful. I knew I wanted to be a Momma, but you Hunter have molded me into something I didn't know I could be. You are the love of my life (along with Daddy and Haddi of course) and I am so honored to be your mother. I couldn't have asked for a better son, and I treasure every single second of being your Mommy.

I love you to the moon and back Hunter Bug.

-Mommy



No comments: