Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Name Game

Here's a fact about me. I cannot make a decision to save my life. I mean, when I walk into a subway it takes me 10 minutes to decide what bread I want and I often regret my decision shortly after they start filling it with ingredients that I probably wasn't too sure on anyways. So when faced with the task of naming my child, I balk. It's a living breathing thing that has to have peers and job interviews one day, not a car you call Jezebel because its had multiple owners.

Brock and I had a bet with Hunter. See, I just knew that my little boy was a little girl. So I told Brock he could name it, if I happened to be wrong. I hated the name he had chosen but what did that matter, because the baby I was carrying was a girl. Well, no it wasn't. It was in fact, a Hunter Brock, like it or not. After calling him that for 6 more months it stuck and I love it now. But I don't want to do that again.

So we have compiled a list of names we love/tolerate/can picture screaming when said child is in trouble. And this is what we have.

For a girl, which I'm sure it's not:

Hadley Mae
Hadley Joy
Hadley Rose
Emery Rose

Hadley will be shortened to Haddie no ifs ands or buts.

For a boy:

Michael is the obvious choice for a middle name, after my dad's middle name.

Easton
Chase
Wade

I go back and forth and I have no clarity! Any suggestions?

No comments: