Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Couch to 5k

So I was one of those weirdo pregnant ladies that LOST weight. That's right. For starters, I got pregnant over weight so losing it was never a problem with my docs. I was carrying an obviously big baby, so as long as Hunter seemed healthy they never worried about me. Add on the fact that I was miserably sick and you get my story. For about 3 weeks all I could keep down was watermelon and a a few other things here and there. The rest of my pregnancy was a lot of meals that were ordered and barely eaten. I just went from nauseous to uninterested to too huge to fit anything else in my tummy! Then I nursed, and still do for the most part, and that helped tremendously. To put it int numbers I was 185 on my honeymoon (where baby-bug was conceived. oops!) and 179 when I was admitted to the hospital to have him, but after I got home and weight myself maybe the second week I was down to 135! Hunter was an almost 9 lb baby and you have all the other stuff but you do the math! To me, I was tiny! I hadn't been 135 since my Senior year and I was proud! I really didn't pay any attention to my diet. For the first 6 weeks of Hunter's life I maintained that 135, and then "IT" started happening. Slowly I would gain a pound or so without even really noticing it and before I knew it I was sad when I looked at the scale again! The other week I got on and it was a whopping 160 again, and it broke my heart. Now, don't get me wrong the number means NOTHING! 160 is fine for most but I am 5 ft tall and I now have this baby belly to worry about. I just wasn't feeling good about myself.

Needless to say, Brock and I have been talking and we BOTH want to do something to change our lives. I had already started doing little things, like making his lunches and cutting out soda but now we are both going to exercise as well. I start, today actually, a running routine with a girl I went to highschool with. I realized I needed someone to actually train me, and motivate me and that's where Lauren comes in. I really can't wait to get started. Anyways, the goal is to loose 30 but in no specific amount of time. I just want to slowly learn to change my lifestyle and slowly learn to be healthy again. When Hunter starts running I want to run after him. When he starts playing ball I was to chase that ball all night while him and his Daddy play catch. Most importantly I just want to FEEL good! I will update monthly and take pictures!

Wish me luck!

No comments: