Monday, August 6, 2012

Starting over & Eating clean

So as previously mentioned, Brock and I are starting to really change our lifestyle. In the past my idea of dieting has been to cut out carbs, or maybe dramatically reduce my calorie intake and expect results. Sure enough, that first week is mind blowing! We're talking like 10 lbs gone! Wait though,that's where the good news ends and bad news takes over! A soon as you take that first bite of bread or pasta, you gain it all back plus some extra. Wham bam thank you ma'am, and it's game over. Then I feel discouraged and guilty and I give up. Well this time I decided there would be no more yo-young for me or for my family. Brock and I owe it to Hunter to be as healthy as we an possibly be! So I began researching (and still am). I found this blog and loved her approach. Then I called an old friend from high school who does some personal training and nutrition coaching. We started out doing intervals one Tuesday night. Walk two minutes, run thirty seconds for a thirty minute block of time. It killed me because my body as just not used to being pushed like that but I as hooked. I drug Brock he next night and then my brother and sister in laws the next night! I loved that feeling I got when I completed something!

I really am starting to crave a good workout and it's only been a week! We went for a two mile hike Saturday morning and that feeling at the lookout was awesome! && to do it with my husband/best friend is the icing on the cake!

To round out our new plan we have decided to eat clean. Which has a definition that seems to vary from person to person. We define it as living as close to the earth as possible. Organic can become expensive but with a little work I think I can make it happen! I am slowly introducing new, cleaner foods into my fridge and pantry as wella s household and personal items. It is definitely a work in progress but so worth it. The couple pounds I've lost, that's great; but the overall feeling of energy and wellness I feel is even better!!

Stay tuned for recipes and tips and tricks! As I learn, I'll share!

No comments: