Thursday, June 21, 2012

First & Second Month Must Haves

Well, we made it! Made it through late night feedings, learning to nurse, what we thought was colic, and everything in between! I'll admit, there were times I thought we wouldn't! Of course, there really was no other option so we trucked through with the help of our new parent instincts, the welcomed ( & some not so welcomed) advice of those who have gone before us, lots of naps, and these things!


My personal "must haves" for newborn raisin'!

Sleep Sheep- This little guy, fondly named "Shush" is a lifesaver. Just when I though I couldn't "shhh" in Hunter's ear anymore we bought him! It has a couple different sound settings, but ocean is our favorite! Word to the wise, stay away from the whale setting, kind of creepy! ;)
Carter's White Onesies- We of course go through all the colors and kinds, but these plain white ones are my personal fave! They don't seem to shrink and loose shape like all the others!
California Baby Shampoo- We use this daily! We give Hunter a bath every night. It seems to calm him and get him ready for bed. This stuff is fantastic. Smells super good & makes his hair so very soft! I've even tried it myself...
Boogie Wipes- We use the grape scented kind. Good for pretty much everything and smell so good!
Water- For us of course! Nursing makes me so thirty! I usually sit down with a big bottle for every session! Can't have enough...
Boppy- Great for tummy time, propping the little guy up so he can see the world and a big saver for your arms muscles when nursing!
Johnsons Bedtime Lotion- Another bedtime routine. Every night Hunter gets a "nakey massage" and he loves it. I swear by this too. I really think he sleeps better!
Baby Mittens- These were fantastic in the beginning. I was mainly too scared to clip his nails so before I got the courgage these rocked!
&& last but least
Paci- Hunter, being a little high maintenance like his Momma, only likes one certain pacifier but we bought a couple and try to keep them everywhere. The car, the diaper bag, the cradle, scattered around the house! Not that this won't happen to you but Hunter never had nipple confusion and took a paci really well. It helped since the little guy thinks hes hungry at least once an hour! Alot of times he just needs the comfort of sucking and that's where these come in handy!

So there you have it. Just a couple things that I thought were great these past couple of months. We will see what the future holds by way of awesome baby products! Share your favorites and we will try them out!

:)

No comments: