Friday, September 2, 2011

House Divided

So, it's officially football season and things are just heating up around our house! Duh-hubby is a, brace yourself, Tech fan. A nasty, nasty Tech fan. Don't get me wrong I love him to peices but he makes some bad calls in judgement. Until September we get along just fine, but I see him in a new light when he starts cheering for those "Ramblin' Wrecks". Gross.

I of course, a "Dawg" all the way. What else would any respectable, southern raised, Georgia girl say she was? And I do more than put on a cute shirt, clay UGA earrings, and my game face. I cheer, I scream, I jump off the couch and generally forget my raisin'. But hey, if you aren't passionate about it you ought not to be watching! Needless to say, this year I have a little advantage. It's two against one while Baby Watkins is tucked in my tummy! & boy does that just burn Brock up!

So, we made a deal. If Bird is a girl, she'll be raised up proper to cheer on the Bulldogs right alongside her Momma. Of course if it's a boy, I have to bury my resentment and put the little man in that ugly, ugly yellow!

Lord, give us a girl :)

Kidding, we are totally cliche and just want a happy, healthy baby but while you are working on my prayer list, if He could give the little one the predisposistion to enjoy good football (and by that I mean UGA football) then I would be one really proud momma :)

Enjoy football season ya'll!

No comments: