Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Big Day

Leave it forgetful me, to not post for months! Needless to say, our big day has come and gone and it's actually been a whole month of honeymoon bliss! We moved the day up to a beautiful, and blessedly cool summer day, July 16th and the wedding was held at my family home in Kennesaw, GA, the home of my Nanee & Papa. I woke up to you guessed it, rain. It was pouring, it was gross, it was not what I had planned. Thanks to the help & guidance of my best girl friend and maid of honor Amanda, I made it till noon, when the clouds rolled back and a beautiful blue sky opened up! Not to mention all the heat of summer went away with the rain! We had an "almost" cool day & night, all things consided. It is Georgia, you know. All of my beautiful bridesmaids, and the mommy's, plus my Daddy, and grandmommy's and aunts & cousins and even some new friends were there to make my DIY wedding dream come true. We put wildflowers and burlap on every blank surface, hung barn wood signs, tiny birdhouses, and put close to 300 mason jars and endless candles throughout gardens, and lining paths, and adorning tables. My father in law, wonderful hubby, and Aunt had hung lights on anything that would stand still. The ceremony was held under a giant walnut tree in the field and the reception took place under a beautiful Georgia pecan tree. We danced, and enjoyed our amazing friends and family, and really cherished our first night as husband and wife! It was such a beautiful day & we can't thank all of our loved ones enough for all the time, & energy they put into our BIG day!






No comments: